Contains astronomical information to support bridge crews in routine and emergency celestial navigation, as well as the calculation of daylight hours and mandatory gyro checks.
The Nautical Almanac includes:
- Tabulations of the Sun, Moon, navigational planets and stars to help determine positions at sea when using a sextant
- Times of sunrise, sunset, twilights, moonrise and moonset, phases of the Moon and eclipses of the Sun and Moon to help bridge crews plan observations
- Interpolation and altitude correction tables, pole star tables and diagrams, and notes for the identification of stars and planets
- Information on standard times for countries around the world
- A concise set of sight reduction tables and sight reduction forms
|33,5 × 26,5 × 6,5 cm